Wednesday, June 22, 2016

We just found out that Sister Bell is getting transferred and I am staying in the area. This past week I was questioning what my purpose was here in Monroe and I wasn't sure if I was going to get transferred or not, but hearing that I am staying feels right. I know I am here for a reason, now it's up to me to figure out what that is and do my best to be someone the Lord can trust in to do his work here. 

So, for those of you who remember Hugo Ramirez who was baptized last time I was in the area, he is on fire sharing the gospel! He has two friends Santos y Sol ( they are a couple and have a 3 year old son ) who he invited to a fireside last week and then to church this week, and they came!! They are so sweet and so prepared to accept the gospel. They don't know too much about Jesus Christ so it has been great to teach them and seeing them realize the importance of the little truths that we grew up knowing. Like, the other night, we showed last year's Easter video and Sol didn't know that Christ had resurrected and lives today. There was such a powerful feeling as we testified of Him and Our Heavenly Father!

We had a very successful Cinco de Mayo party on the 23rd of April haha. It was soo much fun! And we got to help the Branch President's wife make hundreds of tacos! But, now we don't have fingerprints because we had to roll and fold the tacos when they were steaming hot!! but it was definitely worth it. We invited EVERYONE and had a great turn out! around 20 nonmembers showed up! :) including our friends from the food bank! yay!

Here are some pictures from our hike last week, sorry I didn't take any this week!

I love you all! 
Hermana Spackman





No comments:

Post a Comment