Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Yesterday, I had my first experience interpretting!! The elder who usually translates for our sacrament meeting had an ear infection, so he asked Hna Clark and I to translate! because there are some americans who come to the branch to support but dont speak any spanish, so we have some equipment and we translate/interpret for them! We were super nervous at the beginning cause it was fast and testimony meeting and poeple can say anything haha. However, once we warmed up, it was really fun! and hard...but fun! I hope I get to do it again soon. One of the members from guatemala got up and spoke as fast as she could! and it was my turn...she is a really good friend of ours, and she did it on purpose... haha but it was good! I got to practice! :)

This morning I was reading 1 Nephi 17. (I have started the BoM over again in search of Christlike attributes) And found a lot of cool stuff about Family History, yes Family History!! :) Laman and Lemuel were murmuring (as always) and nephi just pulls out a whole bunch of stories from their ancestors and how God blessed them in so many ways and how he would do the same for them! It helped me realize that we really can learn from the experiences, not just from the bible or the book of mormon, but from our very own family members! It made me really excited to do Family History work! Which, to be honest I have never really felt before. anyway, thought I would share that with you :)

We have also been able to find a lot of great people this week and have heard a lot of interesting back stories! haha its been fun!

The weather has been pretty inconsistent lately..one day its pouring rain all day, the next its sunny, then windy and everything in between. Feels like Utah haha :) Our branch president showed us a picture of his son who did a hike in Provo Canyon..I didnt realize how much I missed the Mountains there!!

I love everyday I have here as a missionary!!  But, I am sad that the days go by so fast!

Well, I love you all and thanks for all the prayers and support! I hope everyone has a great Labor Day and a good rest of the week!

Hermana Spackman


No comments:

Post a Comment