Thursday, September 24, 2015

Lots of crazy experiences this week! :) hmm.. where to begin?
First, I will share how Hna Clark and I became mechanics! We went over to our potential's house and found him (he is 19) and some of his friends working on a car. We walked over there and started talking to them, they were looking for a..some sort of sensor thingy...(they told us the name but I dont remember haha) And of course, the first thing that comes to my mind is that we should say a prayer! So, even though we hardly knew these people, and they were smoking and swearing a ton, I asked "Have you said a prayer?" And they all kinda looked at me funny...then Jesus (our potential) said.. "I should probably do that...how?" Then we taught him how to pray, he said a very sincere prayer, and we continued to look. And I few minutes later, Hna Clark found the piece they were looking for!! We were then able to point out the answer to his prayer and testify about the power of prayer :)  Then, they couldnt reached the piece cause their hand were too big haha so, then you had us, two little missionaries in skirts reaching down into this big engine and unscrewing stuff. It was so fun! we got pretty dirty, but it was worth it!  And as they were swearing, we asked them to not say words like that, and they stopped! :) It was so great, and now Jesus is our investigator!  He prays everyday!! :)
The next crazy thing that happened this week was, as a relief society activity, we got to learn how to make queso fresco from scratch!! :) I am so excited to try it out!
Annnd we also had a fun trip to the ER this week. Hna Clark was cutting a big stack of index cards and sliced her hand..you know that skin in between your thumb and pointer finger? Yeah, that. She cut a good half an inch..blah.. So, we went to the hospital to get some stitches. It was super busy and we were there for awhile. It was kinda cool though cause it was a Catholic hospital so, there was a big virgin mary on top of the building and while we were in the waiting room they read the Lord's prayer from the intercom. We tried talking to people but the people sitting around us were all in a lot of pain and didnt really want to talk. But, yeah, thats different from typical missionary life! :)
It's started raining more often now!
This morning I found something that made me laugh in the scriptures, in 2 Nephi 5:3-4. I was reading it and I love Nephi's comment in verse 4. "Now I do not write upon these plates all the words which they murmured against me. But it sufficeth me to say, that they did seek to take away my life" I can totally relate this to myself. Like, have you ever told a story and then said something like, " I am not going to tell you everything she said but.." you know? I just like how blunt he is about his brothers.. I guess it was only funny in my head haha but hopefully you can see that the scriptures can be fun! Especially as we relate them to ourselves! :)
Thanks for everything! I love you all! Have a great week! :)

Hermana Spackman









No comments:

Post a Comment