Tuesday, September 29, 2015

This week went by really fast! Let me try to remember what all happened...
Well, Hna Clark and I had a lot of awkward moments this week. Some super awkward contacts.. and we even had to run away from a few doors! I wont do into all the details, but I will say that I am so grateful that we are able to laugh those things of and continue to work hard!
This week we received a phone call from a random person. She introduced herself and we found our that she is a member and she had an investigator for us! (always super nice to hear as a missionary) She invited us to dinner to meet this person. And that was about all the details we had haha. So, the night the dinner came around and while we were walking over, I realized that only as a missionary would I have the confidence to go to a strangers house, to meet strangers, and teach them the most life changing news they will ever hear. We had no idea what was going to happen. However, it ended up being the most ideal situation! Like, the experiences that you read about in Preach My Gospel. Turns out that Ricardo is the boyfriend of Sonia (the member, baptized three years ago) and we were there to teach him. He told us that he had bad experiences with missionaries before but was willing to listen (which made me super nervous cause I was afraid of messing up) We had dinner with them and it was super great because we got them laughing, then we moved into the living to have a lesson and the spirit was soo strong!! We were able to invite him to be baptized and he said yes!! He is getting baptized on Halloween!! :) And it was so sweet because the first thing that his girlfriend said after he accepted was "Aww..Podemos tener una familia eterna!" (We can have an eternal family) It just broke my heart. Because it is so true! I am so grateful for the Spirit that we felt and for member missionary work! :)
Yep, other than that I am still loving the work!! I am learning something new everyday!
I love you all! Have an amazing week! :)
Hermana Spackman

No comments:

Post a Comment