Monday, August 3, 2015


This week, I received a letter from a 13 year old boy who volunteered at the Food Bank with us. He is a member of the church and was visiting his family in Washington! We worked with him a few times but I never really thought too much of it. This last Friday we were at the food bank and his uncle gave me a letter that he wrote before he went back to Utah. In the letter, he expressed how grateful he was to get to work with us and how excited it made him to serve a mission! He also talked about how he wasnt sure if he wanted to serve a mission because his 3 older brothers didnt serve and are now less active. The letter was so sincere, and a part that really stood out to me was when he said, "I hope that after your mission you stay Mormon, and dont worry, I will stay Mormon too!" Now that he is gone I wish I would have talked to him more.

This really bore testimony to me that we can be an example to literally ANYONE! We never know who is watching or who's life you are going to impact! Reminds of 3 Nephi 12: 14-16 When Christ talks about being a light on a hill, and how our light can bear testimony to so many people. So, keep that in mind! no matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing...you can bear your testimony! and it doesnt have to be spoken :)
 Hugo is doing awesome, his best friend recently accepted the baptismal invite and his roommate started reading the book of mormon! Its so true that when we find happiness we want to share it with everyone! :)
I love you all and am so grateful for all of your support! :) I cant wait to hear about your own missionary opportunities! :)
Hermana Sarah Spackman

No comments:

Post a Comment