Monday, August 24, 2015

Hola!!
Lots of fun stuff happened this week! We were able to go to the beach! It was super fun, we couldnt go in the water, but the view was incredible! Hna Clark even pointed out to me that we could see a part of Alaska! So, that was cool :)
This past week, we started teaching a boy named Daniel. He is almost 18 and is here visiting from Mexico. After our lesson about Joseph Smith, we asked him to pray specifically to know if what he had taught was true. He then asked how would he know? and were able to explain the Holy Ghost and the feelings we receive, and then we told him to just wait for about a minute after and see what he feels. He prayed. We sat there. About a minute passed by, and I looked up just to see a HUUGE smile on his face. He said he felt good and he knew it was true! It was so sincere and a humbling experience for me.
And that is my challenge for everyone this week. To pray and wait. Pray with a specific question, and then really listen to what the Holy Ghost is going to say to you :)
We have been inviting a lot of people to let us come and do a Noche de Hogar with them and thier family. (Family Home Evening) and we have three this week!! I am super excited! It goes to show that family is super important to everyone :) I am also so grateful for Mom and Dad who made sure we had family night every week. I didn't appreciate it or realize how important it was until coming here on the mission! It blesses families, without a doubt!
Still loving life as a missionary! Hna Clark is great and has helped me so much! :) I am so grateful for her! Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week! You are in my prayers!!
I love you!
Hermana Sarah Spackman



No comments:

Post a Comment