Monday, February 15, 2016

Something we talked about in Mission Leader Council was..

Obedience in the morning.
Diligence in the afternoon.
Miracles at night.

When I first heard it, I wrote in down, but didn't really think anything of it. However, this past week it has really been on my mind because it has happened literally everyday this week. We have been seeing so many miracles! And they have all happened near the end of the day right before we have to go in. I can honestly say that Hermana Gonzalez and I have been trying to be exactly obedient. Its hard but soo worth it. Then in the afternoon, the work goes a little slower. No ne is home or appointments fall through...but then by the evening, we find amazingly prepared families, have great lessons with members coming with us, and even we have had great breakthroughs with some of the less active members in the branch. :)

We found Jose, Luz, Jose, y Liz. ( haha yes those are their names ) Liz and Luz are sisters and both of their husbands' names are Jose. They are incredible and they have such a desire to learn! Jose y Liz just had their first baby after trying for almost 10 years. And this Sunday all four of them came to church (five if you count the baby) :) It was fast and testimony meeting and the Spirit was so strong! All the members wanted to bear their testimony and share what is most important to them with this family. One of the Hermanas is pregnant for the first time and had also been trying for 7 years to have a baby. She got up and bore her testimony about her experience without even knowing that Jose y Liz went through the same thing! I am so grateful that she followed the prompting to getup and share what she did, her and Liz clicked instantly :) I am so excited for this family! :)

Also, update! Remember Hermana Lopez? For those of you who don't, she was my first baptism out here in the field. Well, now that I am back in Monroe we have been working with her annnd she got her patriarchal blessing, her daughter has been baptized and she has her temple recommend to go do baptisms for the dead! :) During one of our lessons the other day I couldn't help but to tear up.. I thought of the one quote "A missionary is someone who leaves her family for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity." Its coming true!! :)

Ahh.. I just love the gospel. Hermana Gonzalez is a convert and it has been fun telling different childhood stories. I am so grateful for my parents who taught me from a young age to love the gospel! :) I feel like I have been truly becoming a missionary, instead of just doing missionary things. Missionary life is good :) Just life with the gospel of Jesus Christ is good! :)

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well! :)

I love you!
Hermana Spackman




No comments:

Post a Comment