Saturday, November 7, 2015

 Sharing insight and testimony is so great haha this past fast sunday one of the returning members that we are working with shared his testimony for the first time ever in sacrament meeting! It was so incredible, this past week he has been able to see a lot of blessings. He and his wife came over from Guatemala with literally nothing. He works a lot and his wife is about to have a baby in like 3 weeks. They want to be sealed in the temple but havent been able to pay their tithing recently. We have been teaching them and last month he payed some fast offerings then a little bit of tithing. Later in  that month they had to pay a 10,000 dollar bill..some debt they had before I think..but after meeting with some people they were able to lower it to about 1,500!! His testimony grew so much! and he committed to pay a full tithe from here on out! He bore is testimony so simply saying that God is always there for us. It was so powerful :) I am so glad I got to know them and so excited for their baby to come! :) haha I just realized that I was going to share something about testimonies and kinda went of on a tangent..sorry ;)
 We almost had a baptism yesterday..everything the was ready and set up, then Ricky (investigator) came late to church and didnt take the sacrament and then left early...we didnt feel right about it and that he really understood what baptism meant...so we had to call him and tell him that there wasnt going to be a baptism...it was so hard.. and his girlfriend (member) got so mad at me ... hopefully after a few days they will realize we did it out of love...but it was hard.

 We have transfers this week and a lot of changes are happening. We still dont know who is going and staying but we will find out soon!
Its been a rough couple of weeks but I am happy to announce that I am back and loving missionary work even more!! :)
I just cant be selfish or worry about my own problems. Because I am on the Lord's time right now and there are many of His children you need the gospel! But, I wont find them unless I am focused and thinking of all the ways that I can help them! :)
I love you and have definitely received strength from your prayers this week! Thank you for all of your support! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment