Friday, January 16, 2015

The Perfect Mission for Me

The day to open my call finally arrived! I was so blessed to be surrounded by the people I love!
To get everyone settled down, my Aunt started singing "I am a Child of God". I was crying during the song before I had even opened my call! I am so grateful for my family, friends, and church leaders who had taught me and prepared me for this moment. Through their examples and subtle ways, I am the person I am today.

 Everyone cheered as I nervously announced that I would be serving in the Washington Everett mission, and I knew that this was the perfect mission for me. It felt so right. I was surprised as I read that I would be reporting to the Mexico MTC and speaking spanish!! This news brought a whole new set of emotions. Excitment, fear, and ready to get my hands on anything spanish and learn it!

The coolest part of the night was the little pin with my name on it that my grandpa gave me. I was able to pin my name up on this huge map that he has. It has pins of everywhere my grandpa has traveled and names of everyone in our family who have served missions, I grew up looking at this map and it felt amazing to be able to put my name up there. My grandpa is definetly someone I look up to and I don't want to dissapoint him.

It was a night I will never forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment